Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Departed (2006)

Starring Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, et al
Rated R, 152 minutes


This was my first Scorsese film, so I’m probably preaching to the choir for a lot of you, but man alive this was a thoroughly entertaining film. It’s basically about recent Massachusetts police school graduate Colin Sullivan (Damon) and major organized crime figure Frank Costello (Nicholson). I don’t want to say a thing more. Watch it yourself. It was genius. It kept me on the edge of my seat, it made me laugh, made me think. It caused audible gasps in the theater. It’s something a lot of films wish they could be. Not only do the principals I listed turn in good performances, there was Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin – and despite any preconceived biases, I enjoyed each and every one of them. Go see it, go buy it on DVD – just go nuts. Awesome.

*****

No comments: